- Mr P Hanney – Head of Resistant Materials and Graphic Products
- Mrs J Cooper – Head of Food Technology and Textiles
- Mr M Gorton – Teacher of Design Technology
- Mr C Thomson – Teacher of Design Technology
- Miss C Baker – Teacher of Design Technology
- Mrs A Tyrrell – Teacher of Food Technology and Textiles
- Mrs S Dring – Teacher of Food Technology and Textiles
- Mr P Wildman – Workshop Technician
- Mrs C Richings – Food & Textiles Technician
Key Stage 3:
Design Technology is compulsory at KS3. Each pupil is provided with the opportunity to design and make a wide variety of products. The curriculum is designed in a way that pupils spend 40% of their DT lessons designing and 60% making. During Years 7 and 8, pupils rotate around the department on a six week carousel. This means that they get to experience Food Technology, Textiles, Workshop activities, CAD and Graphics related work within one year. In Year 9 pupils study three areas of Design Technology which include some optional elements.
Key Stage 4:
We offer GCSE courses in Resistant Materials, Food Technology, Graphic Products, Textiles Technology and BTEC Engineering as options at Key Stage 4.
Key Stage 5:
We offer courses in Textiles, Food Technology and Product Design as options at Key Stage 5. These give students the continued opportunity to design and make at an advanced level and prepare them well for higher education.