Katharine Lady Berkeley’s School Governors
All the school governors are members of the school’s Governing Body. They have responsibility for raising school standards through their three key roles:
- ensuring that the vision, ethos and strategic direction of the school are clearly defined
- ensuring that the Headteacher performs his responsibilities for the educational performance of the school
- ensuring the sound, proper and effective use of the school’s financial resources
(School Governance Regulations – 2013)
- Mr Andrew Harris (Headteacher)
- Ms Nimali De Silva (Teacher of Japanese and French)
- Mr Alastair Farwell (Facilities Manager)
Staff governors (other than the Head Teacher) are elected by the school staff and must be paid to work at the school, by the school (that is, not under an external contract such as catering or cleaning). At least one staff governor must be a teacher, and if there are three or more staff governors, at least one must be a member of the support staff. If no member of the appropriate category stands for election, the vacant place can be filled by an elected person from the other category (i.e. if no teachers wish to become governors, all staff governors may be support staff, and vice-versa).
- Mrs Margaret Clarke
- Dr John Cordwell
- Mr Carl Jenner
- Mr Ian Trayling
- Ms Rachel Robinson
- Mrs Lucy Culpepper
Foundation governors are appointed by the school’s founding body, the Katharine Lady Berkeley’s Foundation Trust.
- Mr Chris Sanders
- Mr Dominic Driver
- Mr David McCoubrie
Parent Governors can either be elected by parents of children at the school, or if insufficient numbers are elected, can be appointed by the governing body to fill any remaining vacancies. Such appointees need not be parents of children currently attending the school – if no suitable candidates are found, they may be parents of former pupils, or of any child of school age. Parents so appointed can be removed from their positions by a majority vote of the governing body.
- Mrs Gillian Hayward
- Mr Will Lee
- Mrs Rebekah Marshall
Since becoming an academy on 1st August 2011, there are three posts for co-opted governors. These will be offered by the governing body to individuals from the local community (including parents) who can bring particular skills or experience to the board.
- Chair of Governors – Mrs Gillian Hayward (email@example.com)
- Clerk to Governors – Mrs Fiona MacMillan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Further information about Katharine Lady Berkeley’s School Governing Body
- Articles of Association – available from the Governance Documents page on this website
- Governing Body Code of Conduct – available from the Governance Documents page on this website
General School Governance Information
- What do governors do?
- Becoming a governor – September 2016
- Governor election guidance
- Governor visits policy
- Governor expenses policy
If you wish to see any minutes or other papers presented at Governing Body meetings, please contact our clerk at email@example.com