- Mr D Thompson: Head of Languages, Head of Japanese
- Miss S O’Sullivan: Head of Spanish, teacher of Spanish and French
- Miss S Jones: Head of French
- Mrs M Tate: Head of Chinese, teacher of Chinese and Japanese
- Ms N De Silva: Teacher of Japanese and French
- Mrs E Caldwell: Primary School co-ordinator, teacher of French, German and Spanish
- Ms S Bateman: Teacher of Spanish and French
- Mrs L Hale: Teacher of Spanish and French
- Mrs S Higgins: Teacher of Spanish and French
- Mrs J McDonald: Teacher of French, Latin and Spanish
- Mrs E Payne: Teacher of Spanish and French
- Mr S Popham: Teacher of French and Spanish
- Mr V Le Goascoz: Teacher of French and Spanish
- Mrs E Yilmaz: Teacher of Chinese
Modern Foreign Languages form part of the National Curriculum and are offered to all Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4 pupils.
Key Stage 3:
All pupils have 4 or 5 lessons of French a fortnight throughout Key Stage 3.
Most pupils also start a second language in Year 7 which continues to the end of Year 9 alongside French. In the current Year 7, the second language is chosen from Spanish, Japanese or Chinese.
All classes have some access to our Computer suite on a rota basis for lessons and most classes have some access to the Audio room.
In Year 9 some pupils take Entry level French at level 1, 2 or 3.
Key Stage 4:
The following are available as Key Stage 4 options:
- GCSE French, Spanish or German (WJEC examination board)
- GCSE Japanese and Mandarin Chinese (Edexcel examination board)
- GCSE Latin (OCR examination board)
Key Stage 5:
A2/AS levels are offered in:
- French and Spanish (OCR examination board)
- Japanese (Edexcel examination board)
For Chinese, students study the Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) Pre-U Mandarin. This is equivalent to an A level, recognised by universities in the UK and overseas and the qualificaton carries similar UCAS points to a full A level subject.