Who are we?
Librarian – Mrs Woolfrey (email@example.com)
Assistant Librarians – Mrs Featherstone, Mrs Tucker, student librarians
Where are we?
You can find us on the ground floor of the Renishaw building.
When are we open?
Monday to Thursday – 8.30am to 4.00pm
Friday – 8.30am to 3.30pm
We are open every breaktime and lunchtime. Wednesday lunchtimes are just for silent reading – bring your book and your lunch and join us.
What do we have to offer?
- We have 13,000 books to choose from including fiction, non-fiction, graphix, manga and audio.
- We subscribe to a variety of journals and magazines ranging from New Scientist and The Week to bmx mag and Sidewalk.
- DVDs are available to borrow which are also free of charge.
- There are 14 computer stations available for homework, and school related internet research.
- There are comfy seats/bean bags to read and relax in.
- Frequent and colourful displays advertise new additions to the library or focus on particular topics e.g. the centenary of the start of World War I
- We welcome suggestions and requests for new material for the library in our ‘Request Box’.
You can browse all the books in the KLB School Library online by clicking on the Eclipse.net logo. One you log in you can also reserve a book using this facility.
Which games and clubs?
Fun can be had at lunchtimes in the form of Scrabble, Chess, Mastermind, Bananagrams, Yahtzee and Rummikub.
After school clubs include ‘Screen Reads’ – Tuesdays 2.45 – 4.00, read the book, watch the film and decide how well the book has been adapted for the screen and ‘Prologue’ – Wednesdays 2.45 – 4.00 – meet to talk about your favourite books. Take part in the annual Carnegie Shadowing Scheme and other opportunities for reviewing books. Refreshments are provided at both clubs.
What else is there?
The Careers library can be found in the library offering information about further education and careers.