Katharine Lady Berkeley’s School is a highly successful 11-18 mixed comprehensive with 1450 students on roll including 275 in the sixth form.
The school has a long history, having been founded on October 20th 1384 by Katharine, the wife of Lord Berkeley, and operating continuously since that date. Our school nestles under the southern tip of the Cotswold escarpment, between the town of Wotton-under-Edge and the village of Kingswood in Gloucestershire.
Katharine Lady Berkeley’s was originally sited in the town itself, having moved to the old school buildings in 1726. In 1963 the school moved to its present location just outside the town. Katharine Lady Berkeley’s became comprehensive in 1973 and converted to Academy status in August 2011.